10 Tips To Having A Stress-Free Fall Yard Clean Up
The leaves are changing colors, the air is getting cooler, and pumpkin spice everything is back in season – it’s fall! And that means it’s time for another round of yard work. Here are 10 tips to help you have a stress-free fall yard clean up.
- Start early: Don’t wait until the last minute to start your yard work. If you can, start cleaning up in August or September when the leaves are just starting to change colors and fall off of trees. This way, you’ll have less work to do as autumn progresses.
- Make a plan: Having a plan will help you stay organized and prevent frustration. Identify the areas of your yard that need the most attention – like leaf raking, mulching, pruning, and planting – and determine a timeline for completing each task.
- Prep your tools: Make sure all of your equipment is in good working order before starting any yard work. Clean and sharpen tools like shovels, rakes, and pruners.
- Get the right protective gear: Wear gloves, a hat, long pants, and closed-toe shoes when doing yard work to protect yourself from cuts, scrapes, and bug bites.
- Rake first: Leaves can smother and kill grass, so it’s important to rake them up as soon as possible. Use a leaf blower or a broom to get rid of any remaining debris.
- Mulch: Adding fresh mulch to garden beds helps protect delicate plants from extreme temperatures, keeps weeds down, and adds nutrients to the soil.
- Prune: Pruning trees and shrubs helps them stay healthy and grow stronger. Make sure to remove dead, diseased, or damaged branches before winter sets in
- Plant bulbs: Fall is the perfect time to plant flower bulbs like daffodils, tulips, and crocus for a beautiful burst of color in the spring.
- Fertilize: Fertilizing your lawn helps keep it healthy and promotes growth during the spring season.
- Clean up: Make sure to clean up any debris or extra tools when you’re done with your yard work. This will help prevent injury and accidental damage to plants, trees, and grass.
Following these 10 tips will help you have a stress-free fall yard clean up this season. Get outside, enjoy
6942 N 97th Cir, Omaha, NE 68122